The General Board of Richfield is composed of Elders, Deacons, Deaconesses, Trustees, and Committee Chairs elected by the congregation at large. Each of these offices plays a vital role in the life of the church. Each Elder, Deacon, Deaconess, and Trustee serves a three-year term. Committee Chairs serve for one year at a time.
- Elders promote the growth and welfare of the Church by providing leadership and spiritual oversight to its members. They regularly attend worship services and Board meetings and serve at the communion table. They give thoughtful consideration to the policies of the Church and support its mission through evangelism, education, and stewardship programs. They also visit ill and incapacitated members.
Elders: Linda Tusa, Sandra Westmoreland, Chairperson Pete Moffatt, Charles Jefferson, Max Bunting, Vic Ward
- Deacons regularly attend worship services and Board meetings, greeting and ushering those attending the service. During the service, they distribute the communion elements and receive the offerings. Deacons give counsel and service in the business affairs, programs, and activities of the Church. They may also assist in ministering to the needy.
Deacons: Gaylon Goette, Angie Goette, Steve Rosas, Debbie Webb, Joe Webb, Chairperson Frank Gentry, Pete Almanza, Sr., Kim Owens, Christa Dancer, Bruce Leggett
- Deaconesses promote the growth and welfare of the church by their regular attendance at worship services and Board meetings. They are charged with the preparation and care of the communion service. Deaconesses assist in the greeting and ushering of worshipers, help supervise the nursery, minister to families in times of illness or bereavement, and give counsel and service in the business affairs, programs, and activities of the Church.
Deaconesses: Shelia Leggett, Catherine Crane. (Not pictured: Chairperson Susan Womack, Valerie Colson, Martha Corley)
- Trustees act as legal agents for the Church, with the express approval of the Board and Congregation for each transaction. They execute all legal documents related to Church property and funds.
Trustees: John Westmoreland, Pete Almanza, Sr., Pete Moffatt (Not pictured: Ginger Raney, Bob McMahan)
- Melissa Almanza and Kent Holguin (Board Chairperson).
The Chancel Choir
The Chancel Choir performs every Sunday during regular services.
Anyone can be a member of the choir, and we are always looking for new voices.
Choir practice is Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in the Rehearsal Hall. Come and join us!
There are eight ministries responsible for the physical, intellectual, spiritual, and financial maintenance and growth of the church. Ministry Chairs, in cooperation with the Board, the Minister, and each other, are charged with promoting the total ministry of the Church. You can learn more about specific ministries below.